Welcome to the IU Washington, D.C. Advancement Center!
Located in the Willard Office Building, the IU Washington, D.C. Advancement Center serves as a home base for all IU family members visiting the Washington, D.C. area. The space also serves as the location for the IU Office of Federal Relations, the Lugar Center and the IU Center on Representative Government.
All Indiana University schools, departments, and alumni groups are welcome to use the landing office or conference room free of charge. Information on catering, hotel options, available equipment, conference room space capacity and suggested room configurations can all be found here.
Below are a series of guidelines and expectations for use of the IU Washington, D.C. Advancement Center:
- Groups using the facility are responsible for set-up, catering and clean-up. This includes moving chairs and tables, meeting the catering company upon arrival, cleaning up trash and other used items so that the space has been returned as you found it at the conclusion of your event.
- Limited administrative services are available during regular work hours. Administrative staff can assist with set-up tips, catering ideas and location of cleaning supplies. Services needed outside of regular business hours should be requested five days prior to your activity and will be provided if available but should not be relied upon for the success of your activity.
- Please provide a finalized itinerary and contracted vendors to Kelly Cornett three days prior to the activity. A finalized guest list must be received 24 hours in advance in order to provide front desk entry access for visitors. Units holding events after business hours or on weekends must post someone in the Willard Lobby to let guests into the Willard complex.
- For activities that are using catering or outside vendors, please have the unit’s point-of-contact arrive one-hour prior to the activity start time. Vendor deliveries and pickup must occur between the hours of 9am and 5pm, unless otherwise pre-arranged with Kelly Cornett.
- Guests of the IU Washington, D.C. Advancement Center are expected to provide all necessary materials for their activity. Use of internal office equipment such as copier, and office supplies are limited.
- AV equipment is available for use under the guidance of the Advancement Center’s office staff. Refer to the website for a list of available AV equipment.
- Temporary signs, banners or other displays must be hung using non-damaging adhesive strips. Suggested alternatives include: Pop-up Banners, easels or decorative stands. Hangers such as Command Brand or Post-It Easel Pads are permissible. These supplies must be supplied by the unit using the space.
- Guests may use available kitchen space and equipment for set-up and clean-up. Please be respectful of drink supplies and other products belonging to staff members.
- No smoking is allowed in the IU Washington, D.C. Advancement Center in accordance with the Washington, D.C. smoking ordinance that prohibits smoking in all enclosed public spaces located within the D.C. area.
- Service Animals assisting individuals with disabilities are allowed.
While the IU Advancement Center is eager to welcome any IU activity or event, please be respectful of the full-time working staff and their private office space located within the IU Washington, D.C. Advancement Center.